View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2006, 2:31 pm   #15
murphymad
Heptode

Default Re: Future DVD's & Alexandra Palace TV footage.

Hello All,

I am very happy to see there is significant interest in the vast amount of pre-war and early post war television material that still survives.
There is quite a lot of it about in many forms and in varying generations of copy quality.
A request was put into the BBC head of Heritage, who is a BVWS member and also is very supportive of the BVWS and the British Vintage Wireless Museum, some time prior to the end of last year to see if the BVWS could gain copyright for BBC produced archive film material.
I know that the BBC is a very large and complicated organisation, and that BBC World may have a commercial interest in archive material, but I do hope that we will be able to gain the required permission. I am confident that they will help if they are able.
The BVWS will not knowingly ever produce DVD/CD of publish anything that is copyright without prior permission of the holder.

The 70th Anniversary is something we are aware of and we will be doing something later in the year to mark this, so make sure you restorers have some good 405 line TV's ready to display!

I Would be very happy to hear from anyone who is interested in helping or joining the Committee, you do not need to have any specific qualities other than enthusiasm!

Mike...