View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2020, 11:35 am   #68
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Re: Philips 22CS1002/05t TV

I was just coming here to ask about powering the modulator. Whats the best way to test for whT power it needs? There's still the issue of how to get the power into it. Obviously it gets it through the port connector by default.
I need to know which pins accept the rgb in, on the modulator, and out on the Next's vga connector. After that it should just be a case of getting an old scart lead and changing the ends?

Regarding the modulator on the Amiga itself, someone told me once thT it was possible to use the a500+ that i have without it, as the amiga itself apparently outputs rgb. A custom cable with a scart on ghe other end could get around the need to use the modulator at all. That would be a big advantage to me simply because the modulator causes so much inconvenience sticking out the back of the machine in it's manner. Causes real space issues.

My one concern here though is that my vhs/dvd recorder has a scart input that accepts rgb in, and i still don't get any picture or sound via that. Unless it accepts rgb in but doesn't convert it for output. It only does digital out over the rf, so it outputs via a scart into an older vhs machine that converts the singal to rf to send to the tv.

Last edited by Eidolon; 16th Apr 2020 at 11:43 am. Reason: .