View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2020, 5:00 pm   #54
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Re: Philips 22CS1002/05t TV

I've been absent frlm here a couple of weeks while other things have gotten on top of me.

But now it seems i have a rather odd new issue with the tv. Or maybe not. It could be the lead? Trying to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it. Not technically a fault i guess.

I have finally received my new ZX Spectrum Next computer. I have set the Next to rgb pal output over the lead (scart socket at output) so it's suitable for all my tv's. On my hdtv it's fine. On the mid-nineties crt tv in the attic it's fine. But on the early 80's tv in my sitting room i get a black screen with faintly visible offset wording from the Next's boot screen. this has confounded me. The tv does not have a scart input, but i input a number of scart devices by different means to convert the signal to rf. I have tried everything with no luck. I've never encountered anything that works in this manner before. There's something about the signal from the Next that for some reason the TV can't understand properly. The black screen is proof there's something there, and if i set the Next to ntsc output it scrolls as you'd expect. But no picture.