View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2022, 12:08 pm   #16
Peterb396
Diode

Default Re: Philips 141U. New member - peterb396.

Thanks for the replies Guy's I've since downloaded the service sheets via Paul's site and compared the component values; they are identical so wasn't far out. The only difference was that the Test Report I also downloaded (British Radio & Television 1954) shows C31 as 4700pf (0.0047uf) which according to the other service sheets is incorrect (2200pf (0.0022uf) so I will ignore that. I couldn't do a check with the original Black cap as it was unreadable. The article however has a good schematic of replacing/rewinding the drive cord if ever needed.
The data sheet I attached with the Resistance comparisons also had the capacitors I had changed including C29 & C30 but were ringed in yellow which were hard to see so apologies for that.
Mrs B is working so I'm allowed in the workshop later today armed with new components including a full set of valves but FIRSTLY will recheck my readings and take out of spec resistors out of circuit to check, (good shout Lawrence with R20 didn't check which wave I was on prior).
Because of my tribulations with black cap blowout then smoking valve and heat, (just cleaning fluid/dirt, (thank you Graham)) I didn't have time to take powered up readings not wanting my first project blowing up but feel more confident now after getting to know the unit and all your comments has put me at ease.