View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2017, 4:39 pm   #14
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: CAPS - how to change to lower case

Personally, I am very glad that the "end of line bell" has been superseded by word wrap.

I must admit to avoiding the use of indented paragraphs, as I dislike the solid blocks of text that result from not having a blank line between paragraphs - and, of course, the indent is superfluous when a paragraph is denoted by a blank line.

The afermentioned spacing after commas and full stops (along with the absence of a space before punctuation marks!) is alive and well in this household. Regrettably, however, my double spaces are always removed by the time my posts appear on this forum, even though I always type them as a matter of course.

Returning to the thread's subject of accidental capitalisation, I find that either I accidentally catch the CAPS LOCK key when pressing SHIFT or else I miss when attempting to press TAB. I do, however, check the screen fairly frequently, even when typing from script (where I'm primarily looking at the script rather than the screen), so I find it far quicker to delete a few capitalised letters and retype them than to go into some other software to decapitalise them.

There are (albeit rare) occasions when I do find CAPS LOCK useful, so I won't be decapitating the key any time soon.