View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2017, 12:07 pm   #2
KeithsTV
Nonode

Default Re: Golborne (Manchester) Swapmeet 12th November

I’ll be at the Golborne meet on November 12th to give a talk. At last Novembers talk on an Introduction to Valves I said this year’s talk will be on an Introduction to Semiconductors. However I’ve been very busy this last year with various domestic matters and as a result the talk is not quite finalised. I’ve built the demo unit but have not had the time to finalise the write up. Therefore I will be giving a different talk which I’ve titled “Tales of the Unexpected” based on my experiences of design failures and fault finding during my working life and shows some of the pitfalls of designing for military, commercial and consumer electronics along with one or two amusing incidents. It will also show that you should never stop learning as experience gained in one area can be useful in another.

Unlike previous talks there will be no notes this time as these do take a considerable amount of time to produce and proof read.

As a bonus, though, I’ll give the semiconductor talk at the next two Golborne meetings with part 1 in April devoted to diodes and rectifiers and part two in November devoted to Transistors and ICs.

As usual the talks will be in the side room and will start around 11:30.

Keith