View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2018, 10:48 pm   #27
Stuart R
Heptode

Default Re: Old (presumed Dud) CRTs discovered - value?

I had a bit of company on my way back from car club last night.

Sadly two haven't been stored that well and the only non-Mazda CRT is a necked Cossor. It's been like that for a while and the model number label is too faded to read. The second pip on the bulb has been snapped too. I imagine this one is only good for the tip, but it does have an interesting looking base connector with 4 flat sockets. I could save that if that's of any use.

Only armed with my Maplin analogue multimeter, I've established that all the Mazda heaters are intact and cannot detect any shorts (on Hi Z ranges) between other base connections.

None of the serial numbers match those on the boxes and all boxes are marked with a cross, 'U/S' or 'No Good'.

Interesting to see two different box designs; some CRTs are face down on a pad of corrugated cardboard whilst others are face up suspended by the cone in a cardboard cradle. One box includes an Edison Swan guarantee card whilst another box was a nice surprise.....

The pictures that follow do not include the first CRM92 shown on this thread a couple of weeks ago.

SR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6071.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	161728   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6083.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	161729   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6084.JPG