View Single Post
Old 17th May 2019, 8:44 pm   #1
rbm1973
Pentode

Default Teleton vx1110 colour problem

Good evening to you all it has been a long time since i last logged in or posted anything due to serious terminal ill health but i won't go into that now.

however i have just got hold of a Teleton vx1110 cw original handbook.
the tv is in great condition,I remember them and the tvc14 and 20 from many moons ago with the strange Toshiba USA type valves.

the set powered up great a little tweak of the height control and the grey scale adjusted and gave a very good picture crt is very good.

The problems i have noticed is poor convergence which i will get round to at some point but the problem which i did come across,was that after a length of time the set started to lose its colour it would be very low and on a bright scene
would be virtually monochrome!as the set stayed on longer the colour has now gone completely,
needless to say i would bet if i powered it up now after not being used for over 24 hours the colour will be back.

has anyone any experience with the simple pal decoder used in these sets.
as i said i only ever saw a couple back in the early eighties but they worked ok.
And this set with convergence set up and colour back produces a nice picture even if only using a simple pal setup

any advice kindly welcomed

thanks in advance Simon

BVWS MEMBER