Thread: Trio TS700G.
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2019, 11:21 am   #9
Victorzuluzulu
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Trio TS700G.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Im very pleased to have made contact with an owner of the same radio. We may be able to assist each other in time.

I also think it is a filter after looking at other filters but I don't know why it is there.

Ive had a few QSO's through this rig already but its performance deteriorates rather quickly. when its working, the audio both ways is fine, when it warms up, it deteriorates dramatically. A slap will sometimes bring it back but not always. I also had the issue of the output power dropping to zero gradually on TX. This was partially cured by taking the big relay out and cleaning the contacts but it still does it sometimes. Im searching out the other relay but haven't found it yet!

I use a Diamond X50 at home, at just 30M ASL I can access 7 analogue repeaters (70cm included) and can work right down into South Yorkshire. I also use a 5 element Yagi on a clark mast on SSB and have made it to Montrose in Angus from Thirsk on 10W so I hope to be able to do the same with the 700G

Cheers
2E0VZZ