Thread: Tandberg 3000X
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2017, 6:31 pm   #4
jpkosonen
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Tandberg 3000X

Thanks Julie,
Putting out the signal from the tape deck; You are right. I have tested the output to my strereo system (Onkyo) and it works as you have described. The signals can also verified with a volt-meter for each plug.

I still cannot get the signal through to the computer. I dont understand your comment "try a known good source into the audio interface". UCA202 with Audacity has been recommended by Behringer and several others. I have also tried the tricks presented in the excellent Audacity Help section for connections and increased the volume where possible.

The UCA202 has a USB input connection. I have also found a line input in my Fujitsu Amilo (with Vista). No signal through using either one and the computer does not recognize the UCA interface (which should be compatible with Windows Vista). A straight line output from the tape deck is not available which limits the possibilities.

I return to my question on the DIN 5-pin "Radio output" of Tandberg. Is there some basic difference in the output signal between the ordinary playback cable and the copying cable that Tandberg claims to be needed for copying the tapes? For playback the output is 0,75V for a 400HZ/0dB signal.

Could the headphones output from the deck be used somehow as a last resort ?