Thread: Defiant MSH902
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 8:59 am   #13
Beardyman
Hexode

Default Re: Defiant MSH902

Murphy Maniac,
Good pics! I note that your speaker is a ROLA whereas mine is a JENSEN, not that it makes much difference I suspect. Also your speaker switch has been disabled shall we say!
It looks in somewhat better shape than mine internally though. The chassis is darn heavy when out of the cabinet & seems to have a preference for resting on its transformer! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. One thing was that the tuning dial had shrunk considerably so I had to re-mount it on thin (1mm) polypropylene sheet, if you should find the same thing has happened then I might have a sheet left that you'd be welcome to.

PaulR,
I would be the first one to admit that my woodworking skilss are extremely limited which was why I chose Danish oil! Quite difficult to mess it up & if you do you have several hours/days to get rid of it! I'm more at home with metal, that can always be welded/built up but wood doesn't respond quite the same way!
I hadn't actually laced anything for over twenty years before I did that but the callouses are still there on my index fingers.

Have a good day one & all.