View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 12:36 pm   #14
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Replica MK14 PCBs

Thanks for joining, and thanks for making your PCBs available. This was something which people had been hoping would happen for some time now, and we seem to have come to the point where all of a sudden, the availability of design tools combined with the availability of (relatively) cheap PCBs in small quantities has made this possible.

Going back through this thread, I believe I was the one who originally brought attention to the existence of your replica boards, and although I did later use the term 'vapourware' I used it in a sentence in which I said they were NOT vapourware because I knew someone who had ordered one. I think the issue only arose because there was originally something about your website - perhaps a lack of direct contact details - which made one of the other contributors wary of ordering from that source. Another contributor then pointed out that they could also be bought from you via another source which includes a form of payment protection.

Overall, I don't think this thread has been as negative about your replica boards as it may have seemed to you - as the originator, you would naturally be more sensitive to any implied criticism than most, but in fact there has been very little of that and we welcome the existence of your PCBs, and wish you every success with these and the other retro-replica computer boards you have, and are working on.