View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 2:54 am   #1
Jason Pero
Retired Dormant Member

Default *analog* engine injector controller questions.

I have already figured out the firing the spark plugs two at a time in waste fire mode with a mechanical distributor using 2 signals based on rpm and vacuum & digital ICs hybrid on concept in my mind.

Now I need to address the fuel injection fuel mixture curves issue what I'm thinking how on earth analog designers managed to tweak the curve along multiple points with several pots?

The concept is take the RPM as frequency and timing for the fuel injectors, sense the manifold vacuum with a analog sensor, and wide band O2 sensor (already built the kit). I know I have to address the cold start stuff.

Reason my vehicle is 1987 4 cylinder caravan using progressive 2 barrel carb and very old spark control computer, this which is very early and it's not working too well because of leak in the diaphragm and can't source new one.

Alternative way is
megasquirt kit is out there but too expensive for me and I figured why not create a sub in analog form instead because I have loads of analog and many signal transistors, resistors and such at my TV shop to use. I even have several analog convergence boards from old projectors.

What do you think?

Cheers, Wizard