Thread: Hudson handset
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2019, 10:23 am   #8
sentinel040
Hexode

Location: Near Lichfield, Staffordshire, UK, most of the time and Crystal Palace, S London, some of the time..
Default Re: Hudson handset

Thank you everybody; I am sorry for the somewhat delayed response, unfortunately acting as a de-facto carer means do not allways have much time to myself and this has been one of those periods.

The handset I have does have the PTT bar, although black on black with worn writing does not make it the easiest of things to spot on a low resolution image!

I did manage to find a manual only for it to be "lost" by the courier (the radios in the same consignment turned up on eBay, but that is another sad frustrating story) so I only have a very poor scan to work with. I have had to replace all the black Hunts capacitors as every one had a cracked case and the inverter struggled, it became happier the more I changed.... I have just manged to free of the cores, which were locked with some of fosilised wax that had become hard and brittle.

I do have a remote control unit as well, but this radio appears been re-worked with an engraved insert on the front panel along with all the local controls, so for the time being I am concentrating on getting it working as local control. It makes for an interesting comparison with the Pye Ranger of the same period; and despite being a bit of a Pye fan I have to say I think I prefer the Hudson, but then again I have not actually got it working yet.

I suppose whilst away from home the next task is to see if I can find a way of re-coiling the handset lead.

Regards and best wishes

Ian

Last edited by sentinel040; 26th May 2019 at 10:25 am. Reason: Odd formatiing