View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2017, 11:36 am   #25
indigo.girl
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Is it wrong to sell your restorations?

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on this - I very much enjoy being part of this forum and always appreciate the help and advice given to me very generously by its members. I am an enthusiast first and foremost, but I also restore with the intention to sell on if possible. To paraphrase Julie, I'm one of those who enjoys catching the fish but has little interest in actually eating them. Ironically I'm not a music fan and only ever listen to radio 4 which is a great source of amusement to my friends now I spend my days mending record decks and radios

As a beginner I am not yet able to contribute to the forum by answering many questions but what I do hope I contribute is meaningful discussion and careful recording of results and outcomes thus capturing the knowledge base within this group making it available to others. I would hate to think anyone considered me a free-loader exploiting members goodwill. This is a great community to be part of and on the whole has a very welcoming feel to it - which is partly why I have got so enthusiastic and keep coming back with new challenges.

I was aware of the 'don't mention ebay rules' which is why I deliberately didn't mention my intention to sell. But at least its out there now and people can help me if they wish or not if they prefer. I personally hope people will continue to support me in my quests as its great fun and I do come up with some good head scratchers don't I

Thanks guys, look out for my next thread