View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2017, 11:28 am   #24
GeoffK
Heptode

Default Re: Is it wrong to sell your restorations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
I think that some unease arises from the fact that this particular radio was not restored in the sense that many of us would understand. The part that actually makes it a radio was removed and the remains were sold to be used as something completely different from the original set.

Of course it is up to the owner to say what they do with their own property and if the RF section was beyond reasonable repair then there would be no problem but I was uncomfortable with what was done in this instance.
This was my concern that I mentioned in #196 of the original post, that it was no longer a radio restoration (and Philips sets are favourites of mine). It is a shame that idigo girl didn't ask for advice first if it was necessary to remove all the parts to sell them separately on eBay rather than to keep the whole radio as it didn't matter that the radio section wasn't going to used it was only necessary to leave it intact as it wouldn't have stopped the gram input from working.

As it is the parts could be put back in the radio even if not wired up so at least someone might be able to return it back to a radio.