View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2020, 6:37 pm   #17
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Re: Philips 22CS1002/05t TV

Something very weird happened. I had a couple of days in which it warmed up very quickly, about 10 minutes, and in the couple of days since it hasn't warmed up properly at all. It's been om about 70 minutes now and it's still quite dark. 40 mins being the usual warm up time before. I've counteracted it a bit by turning up the brightness. I'm hoping that this problem is temporary like the fast-warm up was.

Is it fairly easy to spot how to un-boost it?

Not really sure how to name a thread looking for a replacement. 'Compatible Replacement tube for Philips K30 TV' maybe? And a list of the models mentioned here in the thread itself?

I recall the 'technician' turning a few things in the back, like screws I'd guess, to move the screen edge positions. I'm a little puzzled as to how the newer technician did such a bad job on the geometry, it's so off, hence why I'd like to do it myself this time. The distortion is very evident. But he did mod three of the channels into video channels, fix the jumping and flickering, and fix something else which was odd. When I had it on the dedicated VCR channel (8), it was noticeably only showing in one field. Didn't seem noticeable on videotapes, but on everything else it was very clear. especially if text was on screen. He sorted that out, not sure if it was technically a fault or if it was supposed to be like that as part of the design.

Last edited by Eidolon; 20th Feb 2020 at 7:03 pm. Reason: .