View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 10:12 pm   #47
JohnBHanson
Heptode

Default Re: Gemini 80-Bus System

(Sorry too slow editing post above)
I am not sure of the file format of the Gotek - The .dmp and indeed the .img file contain most of the infomation that was in the sectors on the disk - the only other bit you need is the encoding scheme which is FM for single density and MFM for double density.

All modern systems have used MFM on floppies - there were a few odd ball systems (eg INTEL MDS MMFM and APPLE).

The RAW image I think would be encoded transitions in some method, so I would guess that it would include the IAM, sector header, gap bytes CRC etc. Indeed
you might be able to run the format program on the CP/M system into the gotek. It might also be possible that the software will allow loading of
other file formats.

I am very interested in your experiences with the Gotek - I guess it just keeps "playing" the current track/side as selected.

PS - I have managed to construct a 64k CP/M. MovCPM does not appear to work in my version so I had to use my disk editor to write it to disk.

If you load this into ram you will have to write a little program to turn off the RPM eeprom and then copy it to the correct address