View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2023, 1:27 am   #64
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: BVWS Winter Bulletin

Hi Steve. I've been a BVWS member for a very long time but [alas] more full of windy comment than practise I do agree that there is always more to say but authors are perhaps encouraged to focus on what they are asked to do at the time and that's fair enough. Even without very much technical skill myself I do see the same issues cropping up at the time and think "don't they read up the threads etc" but most people just look at things from their own perspective [even me!]

You mentioned all the further possible background aspects of interest to a restoration and that is a useful reminder perhaps The repitition "within" articles is perhaps inevitable but it need not be a problem. If you are encouraging contributors to widen their horizons with more, non-technical, information, which is often quite fascinating in itself, so much the better and no harm done. clap: Even when there was a range of active, different and extraordinarily accomplished magazines in the past [sadly now gone] I thought then that the overall professional quality of the Bulletin and it's membership structure made it the most representative focus of our hobby interest as is now and so much more with the speed of technological development.

Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 11th Jan 2023 at 1:48 am.