View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 12:54 am   #11
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire, UK.
Posts: 4,046
Default Re: Grid coupling Capacitor aka "That" cap.

The point about using the proper name ie 'Grid coupling cap(acitor)' is a very fair one. However, the term "That cap" has been used in the forums many times over many years so a change to its proper name may cause confusion for new members, given that two terms for the same component would be present.

To help alleviate the situation I've updated the title of this thread to embrace both terms; the idea being that this thread will be found when searching using either term as keywords.

Talking of confusion, I've also seen the cap across the mains (famous for going bang) referred to as 'That cap' although the use of the term in that context seems to have died out in recent years.
Darren-UK is offline