View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2018, 8:27 pm   #84
arjoll
Dekatron

Default Re: What vintage equipment did you actually use today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithsTV View Post
And, as I bought it over 25 years ago, I guess the Fluke 79 I used today can be classed as vintage.
I don't really regard anything I use regularly as vintage, but seeing 25 years counts there's always my ProSeries clock radio, a 1987 Christmas present from my parents. It's still going, although we don't rely on it as an alarm - I'm banned from waking up to Radio Hauraki and a cellphone alarm is more reliable. The buttons are getting a little flaky again though, so I'll have to see if I can clean and shuffle them around to keep it going for another 31 years.

The bones of my main audio system are also borderline vintage - Denon PMA360, Infinity Reference 20s and Teac W525R from 1993. The Sony CDP397 was replaced with a Marantz 15 years ago when the laser was getting weak, and served in the workshop until the loading motor died.

Oh, and there's an Akai AT-K110 (late 70s/early 80s) and Teac W770RX (late 80s) in the office, feeding non-vintage gear. I have an Apple IIc set up in here but never have time to play with it!

For most things I just like tech too much to go truly vintage....