View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2019, 5:39 pm   #1
Luxman1050
Octode

Default Quad FM1 questions

Hi all
I have a Quad FM1 tuner and trying to figure out a couple of things so any help most appreciated. First the aerial has thrown me a bit as it's just a coaxial TV aerial socket, so not sure how that works as I have never used coaxial cable as an aerial before. I have a homemade outdoor aerial and ground is connected to the plumbing indoors. This works fine on my Trio WS38 but does not work at all on this tuner, not even a hiss hum whine absolutely nothing so any pointers be great.
I have attached a photo of a capacitor I have not seen before. The white one in the photo. They look like resistors wirewound having 3 terminals 2 of which radiate from side of cap the other straight off the end. It is dual as it has 2 x 1000pf capacitance on the side terminals. The 3rd goes to chassis ground. Can these still be bought? If so what are they called? If not any suggestions on how to replace them. They read fine on a meter but that does not always mean they're fine so be good to replace them. But obviously need to figure out on how to get it to work before spending.
Thanks for reading and any pointers greatly welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_151936.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	186216