View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2006, 5:45 pm   #25
af024
Octode

Thumbs up Re: KB FB10 'Toaster'

At last, the beast squeaks again! It's actually quite good. Thanks to everyone for their photos etc. I still can't understand the difference at the front end, but there you go. I've attached a photo of the chassis underside following my toils (using disguised of modern caps).

Those stupid wire wound cap trimmers located on the main vane variable cap drove me mad but I got there in the end. All stations are in their correct places and it's nicely sensitive. I'm really quite pleased. Interestingly the markings on the dial plastic don't seem to agree with the Trader sheet AND they don't look like those shown on other people's photos but at least it was sort of logical when I thought about it.

I have one final query if I may, can anyone please tell me what the band change slider is supposed to look like as regards the lettering? Mine has some remnants of white paint in between the letters (not on top). I can't believe that the entire slider was covered with white paint with only the lettering poking through in black. Surely it was the reverse wasn't it?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KB FB10 Toaster Radio (mine) 001a.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2618   Click image for larger version

Name:	KB FB10 Toaster Radio (mine) 004a.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	96.9 KB