View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2016, 12:16 am   #19
cathy_vintage
Pentode

Default Re: Hi From Cathy Lissen/Eveready Kenilworth??

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. G4EBT... David ..My location came up as Beverley on here but I am actually in Willerby E. Yorks and I can look out on my window over the fields to Cottingham so not far from you at all. I take what you say about being in at the deep end but the basic checking /replacement of transformers capacitors etc, rewiring / soldering is definitely within my husbands expertise. Is the complexity of these 30's sets in the setting up, once everything is proven to be serviceable? If so we will definitely need help but I always wanted a 30's radi like my dad had, so not really interested in a 50's one to restore. He tells me it definitely has a loudspeaker with a permanent magnet, so that's one complexity/potential failure sorted out. David ...did you even know our dear friend Les Miles who sadly passed away a few years back or an old friend Jim Lake? Both were (are) keen amateur radio guys in this area.

Fantastic responses to a new member. Just need to gee my husband into action now !

My husband (Ash) is going to strip out the chassis and assess the condition, test what he can and I will post his findings on here with more pictures of the internals.