View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011, 8:09 am   #69
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: NVCF May 15th 2011

Hello there,
I had a good time there but did not buy too many things this time. I got there at 9:15am and paid the early entrance.

Nice to see a few forum members there.

I came away with a nice big 24V 10 amp transformer I had been looking for, A top of the range agilent digital bench multimeter for £10 and a really nice Murphy A70 radio with a nearly perfect cabinet for £48.

No 405 line tellys took my interest this time. There seemed to be a lack of pre 1950's 9" round CRT sets and good pre war radio restoration projects at the show in recent years.

Some of the prices seemed a little high this year and I noticed a few nice things did not have prices on which is a bit off putting having to ask what they want for it !!

There seems to be a growing trend of more modern tat and old hi-fi at this event which is unfortunate.

I think maybe Ebay has not helped with older sets and the Luton radio rally this coming Sunday (which I am hopefully going) may have put a few people off as well !!

I will definatly be going again in future.

Christopher Capener

Last edited by high_vacuum_house; 18th May 2011 at 8:15 am.