View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 12:30 am   #166
Top Cap
Octode

Default Re: The "Sussex" Homebrew Valve Tester.

I have made some updates to my original circuit sketch which may be of interest.
Having received the PCB, I had it guillotined to separate the main part from the section that contains the heater switch relay RL2 and the short circuit detector. I needed to do this anyway to allow the main board to fit in the planned enclosure.
I have not separated the 2 smaller circuits but kept them together as another board.
There is space between the two small circuits to allow RL3 to be mounted, I shall probably use RL1 (when it has been drilled) as a template for the holes as there will be no track to use as a guide. A small dab of adhesive should be sufficient to hold the relay in postion along with careful bending of the relay connections.
I plan to cut the track feeding the pin C3 so that I can mount the 10k resistor (I call it R29) that feeds LED 4.
I have added some track detail on the main board to assist the placement of the 3 wire links. Note that there are two C12's on the original board drawing, the one located close to VR2 should be C7 and this has been corrected on my sketch.
Also, I have added the two extra diodes (D1b and D2b) which I hope to mount using the board pins at AA, AB, AC and AD.
Just hope I have not made any mistakes but the BOM will have to be changed if my new component allocations are used, namely the components on the small circuits like R29, R30, R31 and R32.
Les

To save you looking for it the link to the circuit and pcb component side is:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lez/Sus...nstruction.JPG