Thread: Old Bell Set 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2021, 11:48 am   #4
almamater
Diode

Default Re: Old Bell Set 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
The bellset no. 1, which should contain an induction coil and condenser (capacitor) as well as the bell, is intended for use with a telephone (such as no. 150 pillar telephone) which doesn't have its own induction coil.

What is shown in the images, however, no longer has an induction coil and, as far as I can see, has the capacitor at the bottom connected between the two bell coils. If this is the case, you could try connecting the two outer terminals below the bell motor across the telephone line (in parallel with any telephone equipment on the line). You may find that this bell (rated at 1,000Ω) draws too much current in addition to any other ringers on the line, in which case it would be necessary to connect a 3.3KΩ resistor between one terminal and its line connection. It doesn't matter to which end this resistor is connected.
Thanks for your response.

So, should I connect the bell with capacitor in parallel ? I have this connections:

[img]************************YGX2tYrM/IMG-5412.jpg[/img]

The capacitor is connected to L2 and R, Motor Bell to T and L1 and then the R and T are connected together.

Should I connect the telephone line to T and L1 and leave the capacitor disconnected?

Thank you

These images show better the connections that i have on my Bell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5412.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	235414   Click image for larger version

Name:	MyConnections.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	235415