View Single Post
Old 4th May 2019, 10:30 am   #15
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: 1940's Motorola VT 71 tv

I did have some conflicts of schematics, my set uses the TS-18 chassis, and there were slight differences from the Sams that I used. I mostly just used the schematic as a rough guide, and when replacing components just do them one at a time, that way I only replaced like for like, which came back to bite me when I replaced a cap in the discriminator, only to find later it had previously been replaced with the wrong value to try and fix a fault with no sound sometime in the past! That’s when the schematic was really useful. You might find it useful to have several schematics to hand, as one part of the circuit will match one schematic and another will match a different one, there are still components in my set that I haven’t found on the schematic at all!

Oh, one thing to be careful of, there is 6KV or there abouts on the centering controls and a few other bits in that general area when the set is powered up, make sure your solder joints are not spiky here, keep fingers and multimeter probes away!

Regards
Lloyd