View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 11:45 am   #1
QQVO6/40
Hexode

Default Avo Wave Winder.

Greetings all.

I have just made a purchase online from an Australian auction house. An Avo Wave Winder in fair condition with a wire tensioner with a small number of gears.
It was just so low in price I just couldnt resist.
I will be keeping it for my own use as I have a big collection of radios to restore and it will come into it's own.
I have not been able to identify exactly which one it is. I have looked on the "Net" for info but all I have found is a Youtube video that shows the same one I have.
I have read most of the very thorough posts by "Retired" from Huddersfield.
Looking at his pictures it shows that my purchase is indeed a Wave Winder but it is different to the one "Retired" has.
I do not have access to my machine yet as it is in Melbourne which is 1200klms from here. I plan on going for a little drive on Monday to retrieve it and a couple of other items.
I have a few small photos of it from the auction house and I will attempt to post these.
I have been a member here for quite a few years but I have never posted pictures before. I just have to "get with it".

Maybe somebody can identify the beastie I have just bought. And maybe point me towards a download book so I can read the gear details for the ones that are missing.
Moderators please if this doesn't work don't shoot me!

Haha. Just joking.

Cheers.
Robert.
Attached Files
File Type: docx WAVE WINDER PICS.docx (171.9 KB, 136 views)