View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2018, 12:16 pm   #52
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: Vintage Radios, TVs etc in films and on TV (not anachronisms)

I suppose all these radio/electronics blunders that we comment on might be brushed aside by TV companies as editorial or artistic licence. Some TV viewers might be amused by the bumbling of old duffers. However, what worries me is that we(genuine enthusiasts, wheather retired professionals or keen & careful amateurs) in the vintage radio fraternity might be tarred by the same brush.
As David says, there was a distinct lack of Test Equipment. Briefly we could see that the Radio Gram's three pin plug(I bet its got a 13A fuse inside) was fed from a white B&Q type cheapo ext. cable.
Where exactly is the Repair Shop located? Some sort of retro building complex. Perhaps the program producers would benefit from a visit by the HSE. My real dread is that the duffer belongs to one of the Forum sites or Vintage Societies we're all acquainted with. Anyone recognise, or know him ? If you do - tell him to do twenty press-ups, from me.

Regards, David

PS. To digress - did anyone see Drew Pritchard's "Salvage Hunters", the latest episode, a few nights ago? He was at another salvage dealer's shed in Yorkshire, & one could briefly see something like a 1155 Rx on a shelf. DS

Last edited by David Simpson; 18th Mar 2018 at 12:17 pm. Reason: Spelling