View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2018, 10:56 pm   #47
Raving Loony
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Revox A77 Stops Playing (Transport Fault)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorfolkDaveUK View Post
agree with every thing David just said , this stuff is pretty simple to do once you grasp the practicalities . I learned most of what i know here in about 8 months , I`m still pretty new to it all but I`m processing somewhere between 8 and 10 machines a month and just loving every minute of it , I`m more than happy to sit and talk you through it at every step as people here did with me , its a great community here. Re-capping is just as it sounds , taking out the old caps , putting in new ones, its 90% of what i do to make sure these machines when i sell them on wont fail any time soon. IMO its imperative to longevity , there are people here that disagree with me , but the parts that fail consistently on these machines are the capacitors , because they are old . Transistor will fail with age , but not anything like capacitors , because of their make up. capacitors have oil in them that over the years dries out and end up either going open or short, neither is good . If you want to learn ....we are all here to teach you .... and believe me , once you get going , its impossible to stop ...hehe
Many thanks for your kind support and offer of help. Will have a think and let you know.