View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2022, 1:57 am   #3083
stickfly
Triode

Default Re: AVO Multimeter survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveq1 View Post
Hi,

I also have 2 Mk1 multiminors. No serial numbers, but there are numbers moulded into the interior bakelite (see attachment). What is of interest is the number 40628/1 on BOTH the meter-housing mouldings. This is the same as the serial number given for the only mk1 multiminor listed in edition 4 of the survey (PS are mk1's rare, or people just haven't bothered listed them?)
Anyway, it would seem likely that the number is NOT a s/n, but rather a moulding identification.

Hope this has been helpful.

Steve
Firstly, my apologies if I'm covering old ground here, I've only just joined and have been reading like mad & just noticed this.
I have a multiminor Mk5 and the numbers marked inside the bakelite housing are much the same as Steve's Mk1 Multiminors. Pt No 50102-A/2 IMP No4 in mine.
I can also find a number on the bottom of the "Scale" under the words "Multiminor Mk 5". I had to use a magnifying glass but the number 98606 is impressed into the metal scale. Is this a serial number.
I have to say that I really like this meter although it is the only AVO I have used since I worked for the electrical retailer Comet in the mid 1980's when I was given a large size Mk 8. Loved that AVO.
Regards ..... Gary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	270225   Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	270226  
stickfly is offline   Reply With Quote