View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2019, 10:54 am   #160
Humptydumpty
Pentode

Default Re: Trio 9R-59D receiver problems.

Last week i picked up another reciver just the same .And as i said to David this also has the bad hum . And in the pictures that i posted at the start you can see fallout from the inside of the C40-42 .This other receiver is also from the same stable .Only change to it was the mains lead had a twin wire . I changed that as soon as it came to see if it would cure the hum --it did not
Set 2 came in handy,just to check out where all the components connect or go to for comparison .
Anyway back to set no1 .
Its all back in the original order .
To -day i will remove the bottom cover to check out the earphone socket .It was loose when it came .And to secure it might have took a little bit of damage ,i dont know till i look at it
I will remove both wires and give it another try .May be its making contact in side . Another question the set we are sorting right now the mains lead wires were brown to the selector on and off switch ,blue nutral to the fuse , And earth goes to earth of chassis .This was how the set came to me .Would that be the right way it sould be wired . I re fitted the mains wire it had been tied in a knot to secure it .You will see in early pictures and and it looked real bad .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04952.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	177198   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04953.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	177199   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04956.jpg
Views:	63