Thread: Aiwa NSX-AV75
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2017, 4:51 pm   #20
RissyMcG
Triode

Default Re: Aiwa NSX-AV75

I'll get some more pictures, or make a video tonight, but until then, this picture might illustrate the issue.

on the left is the black pulley #2
on the right is the white pulley #3

One belt has to go to the left from the motor to #2
One belt has to go to the right from the motor to #3

When the motor is mounted in the middle, with its two mini pulleys in between the black plastic struts in the middle of the picture, the top motor pulley matches the height of the top groove on #3 and the bottom motor pulley matches the height of the bottom groove on #3 AND the groove on #2.

So, since #2 only has ONE groove to choose from, i've been putting a belt on the bottom motor pulley and feeding it on to #2 and on to #1 and back.

That only leaves the top motor pulley free and available for the second belt. So i've been feeding that belt on to the top groove of #3, since where else is it going to go!? If i put it on to the bottom groove of #3, then the belt isn't straight. It's sits diagonal between the motor top pulley and #3!

So now you say "yeah!? well do that then!", but IF i DO, then the other pulleys i've still not mentioned yet (#4, #7), which are at the same height with their groove; are all at the same height as #2 and the bottom groove of #3. If i'm only to use two belts, then how can i go from the motor top pulley to the bottom groove on #3 and then on to grooves on #4 and #7 without making the belt diagonal!?

Using three belts would get around this, but then it wouldn't be as per the service manual?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8191_reduced.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	153424