View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2016, 5:03 pm   #67
cathy_vintage
Pentode

Default Re: Hi From Cathy Lissen/Eveready Kenilworth??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 oldjohn View Post
I notice in #57 you enquire about museums, most of my sets are on display, you and other forum members are welcome to visit, there's no charge. Please feel free to PM me. Not bad going 65 replies in 69 hours!
From Ash: We will probably take you up on that John if that's OK. Yes quite a flurry of posts but will tail off a bit until I get the capacitors and have fitted them and replaced any dangerous wiring. I am going to strip the transformer and smoothing cap block out over the next few days. I am not even going to chance it with the cap..just install the new 'ATOM' ones inside the old case. I am going to judiciously remove the worst of chassis corrosion but not go over the top. Would the chassis have been plated originally with cadmium or zinc or some other protective layer ? That RS output transformer was originally intended to build a valve 'Theremin' with my old mate Les.

BTW.... it's a big hurrah being able to get my lead based solder out again.. anything I do for my business has to be the crabby lead-free compliant- horrid stuff !