View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2021, 7:47 pm   #38
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: MK14 Programming Interface

Yes, Tim's already done that - his version of the opto interface has more than the 'standard' 13 optos and the software modified so it can just select which optos to drive to write to either connection scheme, standard or JMP.

This is of course because Tim has one of each type of MK14 parked in the garage, three if you count the 'Martin' kit he hasn't even built yet. I originally reasoned that most people would only have the one and would build the interface version to match their machine - the current version of send14 drives either version of the opto interface without any modification.

If or when you make a rev 2 version of the uploader PCB, you are welcome to provide for Tim's mod and continue development of the send14 software to encompass this change to make it the new 'mainstream' version. I wouldn't really want to go down the road of having one version of the software for Standard MK14s and another for JMPs because then both versions have to be maintained side by side. I like the idea of one version of software, one version of the interface better.

As I said though, it's no big task to have to swap two wires over on the way from the uploader to the JMP.

Last edited by SiriusHardware; 30th Jul 2021 at 7:52 pm.