View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2017, 3:24 am   #82
ct92404
Pentode

Default Re: My first antique TV-Olympic Model 755-need help.

Hugo, I got the "Basic Television. Second Edition" book!
I just finished chapter 4, and I'm already learning from it. Some things are starting to make more sense. There are some things I'm a little confused about, but I'll ask about that in another topic.

1100 man, I think I have good news about the transformer too. I was testing the tv intermittently and then I had it powered up for a little over a half hour. Probably altogether it was powered for close to an hour. I touched the transformer (with the tv OFF and unplugged, of course!) The outside winding, which I"m assuming is a high voltage secondary winding, was barely luke warm. The winding closest to the core, which I'm assuming is a primary winding, was hot, but not so hot that it burned my finger or I had to pull my finger off right away. I would say that it just felt a bit "uncomfortable" but I could leave my finger on it without getting burned. I wish I had a more accurate temperature! I've felt other transformers getting super hot just under normal use, so I don't think it's overheating.