View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2018, 2:26 pm   #3
Whaam68
Hexode

Default Re: Heathkit Cotswold Speakers

Hi and thank you for the datasheet. Since putting these back into service I have been away or at work and only had a brief opportunity to listen to them. As you can see from the pic my room isn't an ideal size for these monsters (small terraced house) but there seems to be a reasonably good stereo effect probably as the mid range units are at the outer edges of each cabinet. I need to do more testing between the quad 405 I was briefly using with them and the 2A3 amp. I'm starting to think I may prefer the 405 so perhaps they may need a little more power than the 2A3's 3.5W! I have a heathkit S99 in the loft (9w p/ch) I'm now motivated to get that finished as they should go well together. I find it really difficult to rate speakers! I did play the Animals on vinyl the other day and that did come across as very "life like " which I enjoyed. You don't have to crank these too much either which is good as a lot of my listening is in the evening and at lower levels. No particular frequency stands out....I'd say they have a fairly flat response.....
Mike