Thread: Cambridge P40
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2018, 2:00 pm   #9
keith2018
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Cambridge P40

Hi All and Many Thanks for the swift replies.

In answer to Mike's reply: Soldering and using / reading the meter no problem. Reading the circuit diagram is a different issue. I can understand the basics and identify the different components - I'd find it a lot easier if the components were identified by number on the circuit board, which they aren't unfortunately.

Apologies Nick - I binned the fuse, visibly blown and failed a meter check.

I do take the point(s) of getting a replacement Amp. but I'm prepared to spend a little cash on this before I give up on it.

I've decided To replace the 2 x large Cap's T40941 6800 μF and the 2 x red components marked 220/6 v3 EKU anyway as after 30+ years they probably going to be a problem - also, though I didn't see it from a visual inspection but can see it from the hi quality pic there is a worrying couple of marks on the board running between the 2 large Cap's.

I'll also give all the moving parts with a good dose of Servisol as suggested. With that in mind - can anyone suggest the replacements for the 2 x red caps 220/6 v3 EKU which I understand are 3 pin ROE type? I usually get parts from http://cpc.farnell.com if someone could suggest a replacement from there that would very useful.