View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2020, 3:42 pm   #79
Rich400
Tetrode

Default Re: Adding a selectable line input to valve radiogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardgr View Post
Hi Richard, Earthing aside, did you mention what type of source you were hoping to use with the line input? You are aiming for something at line level, 1vRMS? So CD players, blue tooth receivers etc?
Hi Richard
Firstly, I have to say brilliant work supporting my quest on here, thanks are definitely due.

I have an innuous HIFI server that stores all my music and films, and via wifi distributes these wherever there is coverage around the house. We currently have several Yamaha Musicast enabled devices that link to this server and we find these to be excellent. These sync to each other so can all play the same thing at the same time, or individually separate choices -Marvellous!

One of these is a Yamaha WXAD10 which enables all Musicast functions to be realised at an older HIFI amp enabling it to select via iPad or iphone all music from the server.

The intention is to connect another WXAD10 to the gram to see what a hifi signal sounds like through a valve amplifier, and of course to open it up to all our favourite music. We have several 40's 78's and some early 50's/60's 45's so it is important to have the deck operational too.

Hopefully a black Friday deal may be in order for the Yamaha.

I hope I haven't gone on too much with this explanation!