View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2018, 7:53 pm   #18
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default Re: N4510 help needed

OK so I`m going to dig this one up again , the tandberg is on hold while I sort this one out . So I now have 2 of these philips 4510`s , and so I can do some card swapping and find out exactly whats what with this . So , so far I have takes the input , before tape and record cards out of the older machine and put it in the new one (new meaning the one thats just arrived here ) , here`s the results ,

Both the input and both the before tape cards are good in the older machine , one of the record cards in the older machine is dead and the other is fine . So first thing I need to do is repair that . So thats what I`m going to do . Once I have a working set of cards , I can THEN get on and find any more faults that come up once I know the cards arent this issue .

Now , the NEW machine , I can`t hear the input at all (on both "Before " and "after" tape ) , I can see it on the vu`s , and I can record it and play it back no problem at all , I THINK this is normal on these and you have to listen to the monitor output to hear it is that correct ? I haven`t tried listening to the monitor output yet I`m more worried about getting the other one working .

Thanks my kindly techie buddies , as always .