View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2004, 9:48 pm   #6
jim_beacon
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: BUSH TV22 lopt failiure?

Tim,

I think the primary side is fairly easy to re-wind, though I think (from Andy's page), that the failure my have a lot to do with the laminations, rather than anything else (shades of Tek 545B scopes?). Even so, cleaning and re-varnishing the laminations is not beyond reason. The primaries are straightforward windings, so they can be hand wound, with a little care. I have an AVO coil winder here, but unfortunatly, it needs restoring before I can use it (though it is getting close to the top of the list - I've got a couple of jobs that I need it for !).

Have you tried changing the small (mica?) cap that tunes the transformer? If it is badly out of tolerance, or leaky, it may reduce the Q enough to stop oscillation.

I'll be interested to see what conclusions you reach, as I have a TV 24 here with much the same symptoms - very low EHT as well (about 40% of what it should be).

I have an electrostatic votmeter and EHT probe for a DVM if you need them - I can drop them in next time I'm down in Bath.

Jim.