View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2018, 11:14 am   #30
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: BVWS Summer 2018 Bulletin

Ok Maybe I took what was said a little to heart unnecessarily . I can understand the frustration caused to the volunteers who arrange and perform the auction to see someone scooping up sets and parts up en masse for obvious resale.
I have sometimes sold sets on when something I really want has replaced it.
For example I wanted a certain model of GEC T.V set, the dual standard mono with the blue front. After a lot of searching for quite some time nothing had turned up, I found a similar set with the same chassis but not the exact model. Within two months of buying that the hallowed "blue front GEC" materialised.
It is quite possible that I will decide to sell the first set. If I do it will hopefully be hard not to make a small profit on it as the set came to me very cheaply. However if I take into account the fuel to fetch it and the time spent on it, it wouldn't be a very commercially viable thing unless it went for a disproportionally high price. There's nothing wrong with covering the costs though and any "profit" helps subsidise what I paid for it's replacement.

Anyway point taken, no offence taken or hopefully caused!
I have enjoyed reading my bulletin long may it continue ! Maybe it's time I submitted an article myself... I could bore you all with the restoration of a GEC dual standard Mono...

Rich.

Last edited by slidertogrid; 20th Jun 2018 at 11:16 am. Reason: capital letter..