View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2021, 10:18 pm   #9
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Questions about selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post
I am not in a position to answer those questions in terms of facts. However, I once had an item for sale on here, then later I also put it on Ebay, and in passing mentioned that fact on the forum. A moderator said that as it was now on Ebay he would remove it from the forum, which he did. Why, I don't know as multiple placings help the seller of an item to sell it, and the members of the forum can, if they want to, buy the item regardless of wherever else it may appear. Win win.

Edit: just seen Paul's post above that aligns with what I've said, but I'd be interested to hear why that is the case? - Ebay isn't supposed to be mentioned?
Well I am amazed that a long standing member doesn't understand what the conflict is. This is a Forum for collectors and enthusiasts, selling is a secondary activity.

We all understand that the seller just wants the item off his hands and the more opportunities the better.

Read this, it has been bumped and linked so many times yet we still see the same problems.
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=36144
This explains the why, and we still get on a daily basis members trying to circumvent the rules.

It makes a lot of extra work for the Mods

Cheers

Mike T