View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2021, 1:39 am   #46
Spencervs
Hexode

Default Re: Signal generators

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggies View Post
Yes - I had one on those horrible thing (could not afford an Advance as a schoolboy). The meter leads just came out of a hole and were to be attached across the speaker of the radio being aligned. The meter was just an old WD transmitter aerial current meter (thermocouple) with non linear scale so only for relative movement as you twiddled.
Yes you must be right! there is a random hole in the back! But does it not connect at all to the circuit? or does it just measure the speakers levels separately? Also, the metre has 5 band settings but on the dial it says 1+2 and 1+3 for more band settings.... what does that mean? I wish I had a manual!

I actually found a schematic that I am yet to work out if it is exactly the same. I did briefly look and some bits were confusing. Luckily, the person who drew this diagram up told me what voltages I should expect on the valves... but not all the cap and resistor ratings... which is a bit unfortunate. Ig does specify the tubes, which I can confirm are correct. I actually couldn't locate the 1uf cap (red one) that they used on the diagram, but I suppose this could be a revised model or old one. The image of the generator was identical to this.

[img]********************d0D9DDb/Allwave.jpg[/img]