View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2017, 10:43 pm   #16
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: Dishwasher Hose Replacement

I had my washing machine (OK, not exactly a dishwasher, but the same people work on them both) repaired about 10 years ago -- it needed a new program timer knob -- and that set me back £45; it would have been fifty, but the juke box in my front room charmed the repairer into knocking a fiver off! (I had already attempted a replacement myself, but was unable to strip the machine down beyond a certain point so put it all back together again rather than risk making matters worse. As it turned out, I was actually nearly right; but I had seriously underestimated the strength of the spring clips holding the control panel in place. Still, I would know next time.) And that's in Derby, and a decade ago. So, yes, not a bad saving you have made yourself there!

It's scary how much mess a small amount of water can look like. A litre will fit into a cube 10cm. on a side; but when spread out in a puddle just 1mm. thick, it will have an area of 1m². If it formed into a circle, it would have a diameter of 1.128m! And the sponge that absorbs it all will become a kilo heavier.