View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 5:10 pm   #1
Wendymott
Octode

Default PCB Artwork transfer

Hi Peeps... This may have been posted before somewhere by other members but I hope this is not a repeat.
As some of you know, I am an avid user of pcb boards, rather than "deadbug" or similar, even for prototypes. Normally I use Photo resist copper and my own laser/acetate method.
However I came across this article on Youtube in which I became very interested, as it allows use of non photo resist copper and expensive acetate .
Here is the link ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVhSCEPINpM. THe basic concept is that you use very cheap chemicals and substrate to transfer Toner onto the copper. This method negates the use of HOT things like irons and Laminators, just using "Nail varnish" remover.. or Acetone. I just wondered if any of the members out there had better success than me/I .
I have tried various Glossy magazine papers, Nail varnish remover and Acetone, all with varying results, but NONE of them successful, not good enough to commit to the etching tank.
The number of variables I have tried, I lost count of.... The copper is super clean, even tried cleaning with IPA, the trouble is.. the author of the film does not state the type of glossy paper used, the method of paper removal; as in.. is it still wet with fluid .
The reason I like this method.. if it works, is that I can make double sided boards reasonably easily, and for "one offs" it would be very useful.
I have tried the Hot Iron method and that was just as bad as this method is
Over to you

Regards
Wendy G8BZY