View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2020, 10:22 am   #2
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Amazon for components

I order components from 'Amazon' - or in reality Amazon 'marketplace' sellers - as often as anywhere else.

As with anything else you buy -Through- Amazon rather than -From- Amazon, there is an element of 'see what you get'.

I recently ordered a new Pixar Blu-Ray which was 'Fulfilled' by Amazon and when it arrived it was a sealed (shrink-wrapped) item, but inside the Blu-Ray box I found a heavily scratched and fingerprinted DVD version of the film.

I fired off a rocket to Amazon complaining that I had been supplied with a substandard item fraudulently disguised as the item I had ordered and they instantly sent me the correct, brand new item from their own direct stock to replace it. They didn't even ask for the original junk item to be returned.

So - never any problem with Amazon themselves, in my experience, but Amazon 'marketplace' is basically just the world's biggest car boot sale, rather like that other place we don't talk about. Usually what you get is perfectly OK, but sometimes not.