View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 3:59 pm   #1
brightsparkey
Pentode

Question Trouble with Grundig scale lamp holders

I'm appealing to anyone who has a Grundig set of 1960's vintage who understands how the scale lamp holders are meant to be arranged.

I have a 4070U and it came with two non-original lamp holders floating inside the case - a result of someone's less than thorough previous attentions and the parcel company.

A video from the US of a chap with a similar radio revealed the front view of the chassis that showed the lamp holders - two white plastic holders with a clip that slides onto a pair of lugs on the back plate. I managed to find a pair of similar lamp holders for sale and ordered them. They were red from a different set, but looked identical to those in the video otherwise.

They fit nicely on the lugs. There is a slot in the holder and the lug has a crease that slides into an opening in the slot, so it looks like the right approach. However, the lamps are presented so far forward that they touch the casework before the chassis is in place. I tried round lamps instead of the usual pear shaped lamps and even they are too far forward.

Does anyone know how these lamps are meant to work? Are there variations in shape of the lamp holders of this type?

I could make another bodge with some arrangement of different types of holder, but I'd quite like to use the original holders if possible.

Kevin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1478.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	162827   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1477.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	162828   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1476.jpg