View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 9:39 pm   #40
DoctorWho
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Request for a 32 (and if possible a 30) line standards converter.

I have to say how very impressed I am with the converter's performance.

I had tried out 32-line video from a CD player and also from the soundcard of my PC, I had not been able to get a decent stable picture using either source and had concluded that the only decent picture I was going to get was of the in-built Testcard.

How wrong I was!! I connected up the converter to the Sky box, and fed the audio signal in to the near-by Ekco AC86 radio, turned on the radio for sound and the Televisor for vision. It just so happend that "The Weakest Link" was on and I was absolutely amazed at the picture quality on the little Televisor. Considering that the picture is 32 lines you can pick out a lof of information, and, even more surprisingly, the picture remains stable during scene changes, which was something I didn't expect. You cna make out walking, sets and faces, in fact, when you get a close up of someone you can easily recognise them.

I'm guessing that the signal from the CD player and the PC soundcard were both too compressed? The picture from the converter though really is stunning. This has really given me a totally different outlook on the original BBC 30-line transmissions, I can now see just how amazed people must have been when they say these pictures in their own homes. True, it would now be considered "Low Definition", but at 32 lines you can see much more than you would imagine.

Thank you Darryl for the hard work you put in so that we can watch live television on 30 and 32 lines.